Miles of Golf began custom fitting clubs in 1996 with Titleist and Ping clubs. Since those early days, we have grown into one of the largest custom club-fitting golf shops in the country. In 2009, we were honored to be named Pings number one fitting account in the nation. We are also one of four Titleist Regional FittingWorks centers in the country.
Companies We Represent. Miles of Golf is an authorized custom fitting account for all the big names in golf clubs: Titleist, Ping, Callaway, TaylorMade, Cobra, Mizuno, Adams, Cleveland, and Tour Edge.
Our Commitment to Club Fitting. It is our belief that players who have properly fit clubs can play better and enjoy the game more and that there is a real difference between “any club” and “a club that has been fit for a player”. What distinguishes Miles of Golf’s custom fitting from others is first and foremost, the knowledge, training, and experience of our fitting staff. This staff fits literally thousands of clubs for players throughout the year and some of the best players in the Midwest, amateur and professional, come to Miles of Golf to get fit for clubs because of the reputation of our staff.
In addition to our outstanding staff are the facility and tools we have for custom fitting. The facility, the Cluboratory, is heated and protected from the elements (open all year) yet allows player to hit out onto our range so the full flight of the ball can be observed. The tools include $150,000 of clubs for testing and fitting and the latest in launch monitor technology, the TrackMan.
Fitting Services. The Cluboratory offers two fitting products, the Cluboratory Fitting and the Maxx Cluboratory Fitting. Our normal Cluboratory Fittings are designed for 80% of all players. It offers the opportunity to test both irons and woods and then be custom fit. These fittings rely heavily on visual ball flight, which offers our experienced club-fitters the information they need to produce an exceptional fit. Ball flight monitors are used at the end of the process to verify the fit. The fees for a normal Cluboratory testing and fitting are fully refundable with the purchase of equipment and do not require an appointment.
The Maxx Cluboratory fittings are designed for serious player who wants the Maxximum in club-fitting expertise and technology when making decisions about golf equipment. There are several different types of Maxx fittings all of which use the TrackMan ball flight monitor and are conducted by our most experienced club-fitters. For a player to benefit from our Maxx fittings, he or she must have the skills to hits shots with relative consistency.
If this is not the case, the ball flight monitor is not that beneficial and the normal Cluboratory fitting is best. The fees for Maxx fittings are partially refundable with the purchase of equipment and require an appointment. For more information on our Maxx Cluboratory fittings go to www.milesofgolf.com/maxx.html
Frequently Asked Questions:
1. What can you tell me about the process of fitting clubs? There are two things that go on in the Cluboratory whether it is a normal Cluboratory or a Maxx Cluboratory fitting. The first thing that happens is the testing process. You will hit different clubs to determine is which model of clubs you want. Your club-fitter is working with you to help you with the selection suggesting possible clubs for you to test based upon your swing, ball flight, and budget. After you have selected the club you like best, you will start the fitting process. The club-fitter, working with you, will determine the proper specification (shaft, grip, lie angle, loft).
2. This sounds great, but it must be way expensive. Club-makers charge us the same for custom clubs versus stock clubs so the price of our custom clubs should be close to, if not the same, as competitor’s stock clubs. There is a nominal shipping and handling fee for custom clubs.
Our staff will spend a fair amount of time helping you testing and fitting clubs; consequently, there are fees that apply if you do not purchase clubs. If you do purchase clubs, the testing and fitting fees for a normal Cluboratory fitting can be applied to your purchase so there is no out-of-pocket expense for these services. For Maxx Cluboratory fittings, there is an out-of-pocket expenses; although, a portion of this expense can be applied to a purchase.
3. What if I am not the best player? Actually better golfers probably have more skills to adapt to ill-fitting clubs than do average golfers. Golf becomes easier if clubs are adapted to you instead of you adapting to the clubs.
4. I’m impatient! The testing and fitting process generally takes an hour or less and is fun and informative. The time it takes to build and delivery your clubs varies with the time of year and the club-maker. Normally you can expect delivery within two weeks. This time can be shortened with priority shipping.
5. How do I know if I want a Maxx or normal Cluboratory Fitting? First of all, both of these fittings are of exception high quality and most golfers will be satisfied with either one. The goals are the same, to help golfers find equipment that will improve their game. Probably the biggest difference between the two is the use of the TrackMan ball flight monitor throughout the Maxx Fittings. It does give the club-fitters more information to help with the testing and fitting process, but it uses very expensive equipment and is time consuming so therefore more costly. Even with this equipment, the club-fitters will still closely observe the ball in its full flight just as they do with the normal Cluboratory fitting. For an experienced club-fitter, observing the ball flight is critically important to performing their job. The normal Cluboratory fitting takes ball flight measurements to verify that the clubs fit. Golfers who are really into the game and want to thoroughly examine exotic shaft options will love the Maxx Fittings. If you have a less intense interest in the game but still want high quality clubs that fit, the normal Cluboratory fittings are perfect for you. For more information on the Maxx Fittings, go to our website at www.milesofgolf.com/maxx.html.
6. Help! It’s getting real complicated to know what clubs I want in my set. Part of the fitting process is helping you determine what clubs you should be playing with. How many irons do I need? Should I be playing with more hybrid or utility clubs or high lofted fairways? All of these questions are addressed with your club-fitting. If it is determined that you do not need a full set of 8 irons, custom clubs are sold by the piece so you only pay for the irons you need whether it is 8 irons, 7 irons or whatever. Many times this makes custom clubs less expensive than stock clubs.
7. What brands of clubs can be custom fit? Most of the clubs Miles of Golf sells can be custom fit. The less expensive models can only be fit for length and this is critically important for any golfer, even a new one, if you are particularly tall or short. Premium clubs can be fit for different shafts, grips, and lie angles. Clubs that are not current or discontinued cannot be custom fit. Sometimes your present clubs can be retrofitted to you, and Miles of Golf can help you with this. If retrofitting involves re-shafting clubs, it is usually not cost efficient to do this.
8. Can you fit every club in my bag? As they say in Alaska, Youbetcha. Miles of Golf has the ability to fit your entire bag of clubs including your wedges and putter.
9. This sounds like something that can help my game. How do I go about getting my clubs fit at Miles of Golf? Our normal Cluboratory fittings do not require an appointment. There are occasions when you may have a short wait to be fit, but we are staffed to fit clubs all day. A Maxx Cluboratory fitting requires an appointment. Simply call Miles of Golf at (877) 973-9005 or speak to someone at the sales counter in the Golf Shop, and they will schedule the fitting for you. Once you have scheduled your Maxx fitting, we will send you an email confirming the date, time and type of fitting. The TrackMan monitor is in very high demand, so please call if you need to change the schedule. There is a $50 cancellation fee if you cancel less than 24 hours before your fitting.
10. Hey, I have a question you did not answer? Sorry about that but please call 877-973-9005 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.